Wednesday 3 September 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (6): The Art of Getting Stared At & Falling into Place

 photo fd48ffa3-57d2-454d-8d14-c659d87d6e8b_zps9f9afa5c.png
**Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights highly anticipated upcoming releases.**


The Art of Getting Stared At

Author: Laura Langston
Series: Standalone
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Publisher: Razorbill Canada
Publication Date: September 9th, 2014
Format: Hardcover, ebook

Pre-Order:
Amazon | Chapters | Kobo

Sixteen-year-old Sloane is given the biggest opportunity of her life—a chance for a film school scholarship—but she only has less than two weeks to produce a video. She also has to work with Isaac Alexander, an irresponsible charmer with whom she shares an uneasy history.

Then comes a horrifying discovery: Sloane finds a bald spot on her head. The pink patch, no bigger than a quarter, shouldn’t be there. Neither should the bald spots that follow. Horror gives way to devastation when Sloane is diagnosed with alopecia areata. The autoimmune disease has no cause, no cure and no definitive outcome. The spots might grow over tomorrow or they might be there for life. She could become completely bald. No one knows.

Determined to produce her video and keep her condition secret, Sloane finds herself turning into the kind of person she has always mocked: someone obsessed with their looks. She’s also forced to confront a painful truth: she is as judgmental as anyone else … but she saves the harshest judgments for herself. (Goodreads)

Why I'm Waiting...

The Art of Getting Stared At first caught my eye when Juhina from Maji Bookshelf gave it 4 stars on Goodreads, a couple of weeks later Jen from Pop! Goes The Reader gave it 4 stars as well! I have to say the cover is what drew me in first and than I found it on Goodreads and read the synopsis and knew this would be a book that I would end up buying. I have a feeling it's going to pull a lot of different emotions out of me and possibly be thought provoking which is why I'm excited for it!



Falling into Place

Author: Amy Zhang
Series: Standalone
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication Date: September 9th, 2014
Format: Hardcover, ebook

Pre-Order:

On the day Liz Emerson tries to die, they had reviewed Newton’s laws of motion in physics class. Then, after school, she put them into practice by running her Mercedes off the road.

Why? Why did Liz Emerson decide that the world would be better off without her? Why did she give up? Vividly told by an unexpected and surprising narrator, this heartbreaking and nonlinear novel pieces together the short and devastating life of Meridian High’s most popular junior girl. Mass, acceleration, momentum, force—Liz didn’t understand it in physics, and even as her Mercedes hurtles toward the tree, she doesn’t understand it now. How do we impact one another? How do our actions reverberate? What does it mean to be a friend? To love someone? To be a daughter? Or a mother? Is life truly more than cause and effect? Amy Zhang’s haunting and universal story will appeal to fans of Lauren Oliver, Gayle Forman, and Jay Asher. (Goodreads)

Why I'm Waiting...

I first came across Falling Into Place when Jen from Pop! Goes The Reader posted it for her Waiting on Wednesday back in May. Within that same week a couple of people I'm friends with on GR got advanced copies, I read all their reviews and have been counting down the days until this is released!


What are you waiting on??
Please feel free to leave comments & WoW links below :)

17 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to Falling Into Place, too. And it comes out the same day as The Iron Trial! Such an exciting day! I hadn't heard of the other one until now, but it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crap! I forgot that The Iron Trail also comes out on that same day! So far there are are 7 books coming out on September 9th that I want to read. If only I could buy them all o.O. Thanks for stopping by :).

      Delete
  2. I heard just great things about these books and I can't wait to read them. Happy reading!

    My WOW: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-winterkill-by-kate.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing great things about them too! Thanks for stopping by :).

      Delete
  3. There's a lot of characters called Sloane lately... I hadn't heard of The Art Of Getting Stared At but it sounds pretty interesting. I may have to look into it more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been missing out on these Sloane characters! This excites me, I hope that if you decide to read it you'll enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by Patty! :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard of Falling into Place and I'm curious about it. The other book is new to me but also sounds interesting. Hope you'll enjoy them when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad you came across it! I hope so too!!
      Thanks for stopping by my WoW :).

      Delete
  5. I don't know if The Art of Getting Stared At would be for me, but Falling into Place! Everyone seems to be liking it (I've only read a few chapters and left it for now.)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH!! How did you find the first couple of chapters?!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of The Art of Getting Stared At before. I've seen Falling Into Place around. Both of these sound like emotional reads. I hope you enjoy reading them.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm the only one, but I've been finding lately that a lot of heavy subjects and emotional books are being released lately. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Oh they both sound like amazing and heartbreaking books. I hope you enjoy them both when they come out!

    My WoW: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look super good! The Art of Getting Started At seems totally up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, both these books sound like they'll break my heart and make me cry. I'm adding them to by tbr!! Thanks for sharing these great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, my WoW pick will be released on September 9th as well. :P Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't read many contemporaries, but these both sound interesting, especially Falling Into Place. I might have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete