Saturday 6 September 2014

Review: Stealing the Groom (Stealing the Heart, #1)


Stealing the Groom


Author: Sonya Weiss
Series: Stealing the Heart, #1
Genre: Women's Fiction, Chick-Lit, Romance
Publisher: Entangled Publishing - Bliss
Publication Date: March 10th, 2014
Format: PDF, ebook
Pages: 221
Source: NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo

Rating: ★★★★
Friends don’t let friends marry the wrong woman…

Chad Walker may be a take-no-chances man with a plan, but there’s no way Amelia Snyder is going to let her best bud marry Mean Girl #1—even if the wedding is solely so he can secure the controlling shares in his family’s company. But free-spirited Amelia’s at-the-altar groomnapping scheme takes a surprising turn when she ends up as the blushing bride instead.

Suddenly, with Amelia living in her handsome husband’s home—in his bedroom, no less—she starts to reconsider their strictly platonic arrangement. But Chad’s always been anti-risk and definitely anti-love, and betting a lifetime of best friendship on the chance at forever might be the biggest gamble of all. (Goodreads)

First Impression

I can just tell that this is going to be a funny read! This reminds me of Maid of Honour and Runaway Bride!

Opening Lines

“For the last time, you can’t steal a man!”
“Chad is my best friend—it’s not the same as stealing,”
Amelia Snyder whispered in response to her sister Ann’s
warning. Besides, how was she supposed to steal the groom
if he never showed?


The Good

I originally read Stealing the Groom back in July and it's taken me this long to write a full review, tisk tisk! For some reason there just isn't a whole lot for me to say about this book other than for the fact that I loved it to pieces! This was available in PDF format on my computer from NetGalley but I started it and then had to leave my house to run errands. Before I left I went back on NetGalley to re-download it for kindle so that I could read it on my phone. I went back and forth between the two until I finished it, I loved it that much that I just didn't want to be without the chance to read it! I couldn't think of one bad thing about it so 5 stars it is!! I only hope that my review makes sense!

Characters - I don't think there was a single character that I didn't like throughout this novel. When new characters were being introduced I never once felt like a character was being used as a filler, every character pulled and held their weight. Amelia is without a doubt my favourite character, she's hilarious, dramatic, impulsive, and just amazing!

I really liked how Sonya Weiss focused on Amelia's sisters, Abby and Ann. After the teaser we got of each of them and the guys who obviously had feelings for them I kept my fingers cross that they would each have their own books and I'm so happy that they will!!

Romance - I loved how oblivious both Amelia and Chad were to what was really happening between them. And once they both realized that they had "more than just friends" feelings for each other, each tried to rationalize why it was a bad idea. But you can't resist that kind of chemistry forever, sooner or later it was bound to burst.

Lasting Impression

OverallStealing the Groom was hilarious! This is the kind of book that should be made into a movie, something I can picture on Lifetime or something. It had romance, humour, great characters and character development and was just all around a perfect read for me! Definitely one of my favourite reads for 2014!

Thank for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like my kind of book, light, enjoyable and fun! And to be honest I love the best-friends to lover scenarios :D Adding this to my tbr. Great review Patty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! This excites me, I really hope you love it as much as I did!

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. First off, I love your blog! It's gorgeous. I haven't heard of this book, and now I'm really excited to read it, especially since all the characters are likable. Excited to talk books with you :)

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some how I'm only seeing this now! Thank you :D. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!

      Delete